As the April Read-a-thon comes to a close let me sum up what I have accomplished!
I would first like to say that I had a TON of fun doing this!
I honestly thought that pushing myself through several books over six days was going to be a chore. I didn’t realize that reading with strangers across the internet could be so much fun!
I’ve read some great books that I can’t wait to review for you all.
I would also recommend anyone to do a read-a-thon. It’s a great chance to burn through some of those books that have been sitting on your to be read shelf for far too long or that you started, but just haven’t gotten back to. I suggest books that are less than four hundred pages though! Ha, that will give you a workout in reading if it’s more than that.
Let’s get to the recap!
Books I read:
The Sugar Queen by Sarah Addison Allen
Genre: Women’s lit, Contemporary, Romance, Fantasy
Number of pages: 276
Initial thoughts: I loved it! So sweet and fun. My heart was completely invested in the characters. Lots of laughs and some tears, too!
Recommend? I would recommend this book for fans of real love stories, magic in daily life, for lovers of good southern stories like Fried Green Tomatoes, Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood, and good chick lit in general.
Click the picture for Goodreads page
Genre: YA lit, Fantasy, Dystopian, Future
Number of Pages: 466
Initial thoughts: WOW! Exhilerating, I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. I’m totally bummed that I have to wait for the next book in the series! I love all the characters! Can’t wait to review this book!
Recommend? Most definitely! Recommended for fans of The Mortal Instruments, Hunger Games, Dystopian, Fantasy, anyone really!
Click the picture!
Genre: YA Lit, Contemporary, Fantasy
Number of Pages: 288
Initial thoughts: Cute, fun, good light and fluffy read
Recommend? I would recommend this for someone looking for a beach read.
Click the Picture!
Genre: Historical Fiction, Fantasy
Number of Pages:
Initial thoughts: Woah, wait, what? Intense. Thick. So much to read! But I must know what is happening!
Status: In progress page 300
Recommend: I would recommend for fans of Historical Fiction, alternate history, gothic horror
Click the Picture!
Final Survey Questions:
32. Do you listen to audio books?
- Not regularly, but I have recently picked up a few. I’ve listened to Abandon by Meg Cabot and I enjoyed that.
33. What are your thoughts on audio books?
- It was difficult to get into at first, but I loved using it on car trips and while cleaning. It’s great when you have to do other things that you’d rather be reading than doing. One thing I didn’t like about Audio books was I didn’t have the ability to highlight, write in the margins, bookmark a page, or mark a page that I wanted to return to. Sometimes, descriptive scenes or wordy sections completely lost their impact. It was definitely a different experience than reading.
34. Do you have a book blog?
- You are looking at it, baby!
35. Who are your favourite book bloggers?
- Oh man! That’s so hard! I don’t pick favorites! (Great cop-out answer, right?)
- But I love the community and discovering other book bloggers so let me know in the comments if you are a book blog and I will most definitely check you out!
36. Do you write book reviews?
- Click that header up at the top that says ‘book reviews’!
37. Do you use any book-orientated social media sites such as Goodreads?
- Yes! Add me on goodreads!
38. Have you discovered any of your favourite books or authors through social media sites?
- I have! Tumblr, book youtubers (booktube), and goodreads have been great resources for great books!
39. Have you ever attended a book signing or an author event?
- I haven’t :c but I would love to!
40. Have you ever won a book giveaway?
- I have! I won The Amber Fury by Natalie Haynes from Atlantic Books recently and I will be reading that next!
Hope you guys enjoyed getting to know a little more about me and my book-ish-ness. Stay Tuned this week and next for book reviews of the above books!