I am out of town, but still going strong on the read-a-thon!
You can bet I brought my books with me!
This post will just be more of the questionnaire, but more details will be posted when I return on Monday!
Or, you can keep up to date on my tumblr!
23. What would your ultimate dream bookstore be like?
- A large, elaborate space that definitely resembles the library from Disney’s The Beauty and the Beast.
- A large coffee shop that always has a free cushion on a couch for me to lounge in would be in it.
- The lighting would be the perfect for beautiful book cover photography.
- The smell of coffee would permeate every space of the store.
- The bookstore employees would know exactly where the book you need is.
- The organization of the store would make sense!
- The genres the books are separated into would be CORRECT!
24. Which genres would you like to read more of?
- I would like to read more contemporary, slice of life sort of books. I’ve heard of some great books in that genre. It has just never been my cup of tea.
25. Do you read books by indie or self-published authors?
- Yes! And it is always so nice to find a gem. I always feel like I know a secret, but I get to share it with everyone!
- If you like futuristic scifi check out Echoes by Therin Knite, a fellow blogger and a self-published author. Read my review!
26. Do you read books by authors residing in your own country?
- I live in America so I have easy access to authors in my own country.
- I read authors from other countries as well!
27. Do you have a TBR Jar?
- I do! It has been great help for when I don’t know what to read I just reach in and grab a slip of paper and BOOM there’s something to read! Sometimes it’s just a matter of getting to the library to read it!
28. Do you like to keep a record of your reading – in a reading journal, collecting quotes, writing down thoughts, etc.?
- I love to write in books, write down quotes that strike me, and now I have a blog all about it! So I would say, yes! I love it!
- Before I had a blog I would put page markers in books and stick post-its inside. I would highlight and underline books, as well.
- I love it when I read something and it just grips me so hard that I have to make sure I make a note so I can keep it forever!
29. If you dislike a book, do you finish reading it?
- I have wrestled with this time and time again!
- Most of the time, yes. If I think the story has some promise to it or a redeeming quality that I deem good enough to slave through then I will keep reading.
- If the book is sinking like the Titanic then I do not stick around to watch Jack die.
30. Do you own an eReader?
- I do, I love my NookHD. It’s so easy to buy books, get a preview of a book, and find new books.
- It’s cheaper too 🙂
31. What are your thoughts on eBooks?
- You can read all about my thoughts on ebooks- here.
Tell me, what are your thoughts on ebooks? Do you read any self-published/indie authors? Let me know!